Sunday, February 5, 2012

PTI Anniversary - My Favorite Things Challenge

Hey Peeps!

Soooo, eight months since my last post? That's not too bad right? One of my goals this year was to get back on track with keeping the blog-o current (you can see how well the first month went). Luckily, February is Papertrey Ink's anniversary month and they always have amazing contests going on so it's helped me get going a bit.

Today's post from Nichole had some fun little bits of information about the Design Team members including each of their top 5 Papertrey products and their favorite project from 2011. She then challenged us to create a new project inspired by one of the DT member's favorite projects. The card I used for inspiration was a fabulous card made by Jessica Witty. I love the clean, simple design and the fresh feel the card has.

So here's what I came up with:


(As you can also see, I still haven't managed to get a real camera in the past eight months so I'm still using my phone and have to make do with whatever lighting I have so sorry for the shadows on this pic)

I used a card base of Rustic White and stamped a few images from Turning a New Leaf is Aqua Mist ink. I then die cut and stamped the frame image from Simply Jane (which is officially my new favorite set) using Autumn Rose paper and ink and layered it over a bit of Kraft that I stamped with a text background in Dark Chocolate ink. The cameo was die cut from Aqua Mist paper and I used the tiny bow stamp to make a necklace.

Well, I've got tons on the "To Do" list today so I'd better get at it! Brian and I are taking a trip to "Fancy Fry's" today during the Super Bowl in hopes that it won't be too busy. ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

Laters,
Kerry

1 comment:

  1. I love your pretty card - I am wishing I had the Jane set now!

    ReplyDelete